Inspecting something in a computer system through the application of a scientific method carries much demand nowadays. Companies are making considerable efforts to protect their networking infrastructure. They respond rapidly to the increasing threats caused by cyber vulnerabilities. For this purpose, both state and corporate bureaus are set on to look for the first-grade forensic investigation professionals and offering them significant roles in their information security departments.
In Computer Forensic Investigations, the cyber crime’s indications are collected and studies for further legal proceedings. It is one of the essential territories of information security as well as one of the notable aspects of Electronic Commerce’s Council in Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator. Those who are certified Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator have the abilities and grasp exposing and studying the composite digital indications which enable them to reveal the most experienced malefactors and conduct legally. All of these tasks are accomplished in a transparent digital technique to a great extent making it sure that considerations and inspections are valid and acceptable in terms of the law.
The course of Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator carries compatibility and interchangeability of products and technologies so CHFI professionals and certificate holders, no matter what sort of application may be, can perform their duties and work in all computing domains. The need for professional persons for functioning Computer Hacking Forensic Investigators is rising rapidly in many structures. Some of the main sectors which are demanding for the services of Computer Hacking Forensic Investigators are the law imposing agencies, military wings of strategic departments, Information technology corporations, banking and premium assurance organisations, legislative bodies, and cybersecurity ventures in particular. Authorised institutions of higher education and many IT schools run by private bodies are also positively contributing in running preparatory classes and coaching for CHFI certification as well as some colleges are offering courses and degrees per the CHFI’s syllabus.
Necessary Skills which CHFI Certification looks for:
Some fundamental areas of digital skills and coursework that comes in the domain of the CHFI Certification awarding program are following.
• Learning of various inspection and inquiry techniques which cyber investigators got through while consideration convulsion and forage conventions, obtaining the authorisation of making a deep search and other concerned laws
• A professional should discriminate the different groups of cyber misdeeds, types of digital confirmations and indications and related regulations. Operating computer scrutiny in the best way is also preferred
• To respond and tackle the challenge in no time is the critical requirement for CHFI. Apart from this, organising and registering introductory conferences as well as fixing and assessing the misdeeds happening to the computer network
• For any certified professional of CHFI, the primary skills which he needs to do his job correctly are to gather and convey the explorations that are usually electronic equipment. Also capturing the happened circumstances and proofs in an organised way is an essential
• It is much skilful to regain the lost and expunged data from well-known computer operating systems such as Linux, and Windows
• A certified professional should carry on good hold on forensic software solutions such as distributed processing that is found in FTK
• Password recovery and studies of all sort of password attacks are necessary. Apart from this, knowledge of modern digital methods used for decoding purposes is mandatory
• Knowing the techniques of encapsulating the security register of a computer is compulsory
• A certified professional of CHFI should necessarily know how to point out the imprint, study and protect in opposition to the newest and awful strikes made on Mobiles, Computer Networks, E-mails, Wireless and Websites
• An ability to give an efficacious and oracle eyewitness during the inquiries and hearings of court-cases related to cyber misdeeds and other legal formalities is considered a good quality
Exams Conducted for CHFI Certification:
The exam of CHFI, the exam code of which is ECO 312-49, carries MCQs entirely and is a computer-based. The time limit for the said exam is four hours. The paper takes 150 questions in which the limit for passing is 70%. The exam fee is 380£.
Who are Eligible to Sit for the CHFI Exam?
For an appearance in the CHFI exam, there are two prerequisite conditions. The first one is to attend the official training course of CHFI, which may be in any format such as it may lead by CHFI instructors and authorised by EC’s Council. Exam format depends upon the policies of the campus, or the instructors who are giving the exam mainly known as Instructor-led training (ILT) or it may be online ILT, or maybe self-paced based on the computer. The second and the alternate condition, under which certificate may be obtained without official training asks for some demands such as work experience of over two years in information security and certification in digital security. Besides these, a candidate should pay an application fee of £75, which is not repayable. Exam eligibility form duly filled should be submitted to the Council of Electronic Commerce upon acceptance of which the particular candidate will have to acquire a test voucher from the Council.
Training and Education of CHFI:
One can get assistance from internet browsers in gathering information about the complete certification process, lists of authorised and recognised colleges, online sources for self-study and preparation for the courses that are similar to the CHFI course and all other concerned materials of IT. Admission advisors and mentors regarding admission procedures help guide about course-work, session starting date, a career in CHFI, fees of tuition classes, and financial aids and scholarships that are available for students. For those who want a job as CHFI, many institutions carry out a successive level of studies and awarding degrees authorised programs.
Numerous institutions offer separate courses and sole certification regarding CHFI.
• Some schools offer an online degree of BS in Cyber-security the level of which is Bachelor. Financial assistance is also available for deserving students. Certification of the said program contains CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+, inspections of the frauds and execution of cyber-laws, Scientific techniques for intrusions occurring in the network, Basic Information technology practices, Hardware and software management, computer science, career-focused security
• Some schools also deal in an online master-equivalent degree. It is Master in Technology Management, and some of the authorised institutes offer it. Financial aid is available for the students. Its primary condition is a bachelor degree. After obtaining this degree, one can become a leading IT professional and make use of the latest technologies for getting higher ranks in the business run. It has courses like virtualisation and cloud computing, data analysis, business intelligence, cyber-security threats and vulnerabilities, analysis of different computer and network systems and cryptography. It carries no demand for GRE or GMAT
• MS in Network Defence, which is also an online degree having master level. Financial assistance is also available for deserving students. Its primary condition is a bachelor degree. In this degree program, students are prepared for getting the certificate of CHFI and Certified Network Defence Architect (CNDA), ISC2, which the study of information systems security professionals also called CISSP. Apart from these programs, evaluating, developing and executing cybersecurity solutions for severe problems and basic physical structures. Practical working experience of moral penetration and testing techniques are applied. Almost all the state security agencies world-wide positively recognise these programs.
Salaries offered to Certified CHFI Professionals:
There’s a vast range of wages for certified CHFI persons depending upon their skills and experience. Some of the figures are the following:
Licensed Penetration tester, (LPT) gets the salary of £65,000
Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator, (CHFI) receives the wages of £67,000
Certified Ethical Hacker, (CEH) receives the wages of £70,000
Network Security Administrator, (ENSA) receives the wages of £92,000
Certified Security Analyst (ECSA) gets a salary of £92,000
Jobs for CHFI Professionals:
• Jobs in Network Security departments, to reduce and diminish, the threat of data theft
• Penetration Tester jobs, the one who performs security tests in the network
• IT Auditors in firms, for looking at the controls and internal risks of the company
• Security Engineers for organisations, a multi-faceted job
• Homeland Security positions, to get the network prepared for domestic emergencies
Other Certificates Associated with CHFI:
• CompTIA Security+ Certification, a certificate in the security of IT fundamentals
• CompTIA Network+ Certification, IT certificate in Networking
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• (ISC) 2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• ISACA – Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• Certification in Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) from the Council of Electronic Commerce
• Network Administrator: The responsibility of the Network Administrator is maintaining computer networks and any problems occurring in the network
• IT Security Specialist: The role of the IT Security Specialist is to design and implement safety measures and controls. Also, to monitor network activities to identify vulnerabilities
• Technology Manager: The one who accomplishes IT staff results, plans, monitors, and appraises job results.
• Health Information Technician: The role of this job is to detect the human error, improve coordination and practice efficiencies and track data over time
• Chief Information Officer, the agent who involves in direct contact with the customers and conveys information