An overview of the CompTIA Mobile App Security+ certification:
This certification program is designed to enhance the skill of design, develop, install and configure applications on mobile devices.
In this modern era, we can hardly think about passing a day without our mobile phone. Even companies and organizations are allowed mobile devices for their employees, as well. This practice is convenient for the employees but also vulnerable to the business, at the same time. The job opportunity for mobile application development is getting higher every day as more and more mobile apps are getting released in the application market. CompTIA Mobile App Security+ certificate will make the key difference between mobile apps developers and the professionals who are responsible for securing those apps from any kind of data and/or privacy breach.
Ensuring backend network communication and creating secure applications and creating backend network communication are the key objectives of CompTIA Mobile App Security+ professionals. Two market places are dominating the mobile application market. One is Google play store for android apps and another is i-store for i-phone apps. The candidates must go for the one which is the best fit for his/her experience and interest in mobile application development.
The CompTIA Mobile App Security+ certification exam has two versions. One for android apps, and another for i-phone apps. The candidates must pass at least one exam to become a CompTIA Mobile App Security+ certified professional.
Reputed colleges and universities are offering certified courses and training programs whose content are similar to the CompTIA Mobile App Security+ Course.
Duties and responsibilities of CompTIA Mobile App Security+ Certification:
- Have a clear understanding of the basic principles of the security of mobile applications.
- Explain the usual risk of mobile application security threats.
- Describe the security model of Android and/or iOS-based devices.
- Design, develop and release less complex, user-friendly apps for both android and iOS using appropriate software development kit.
- Develop applications using secure code (Java for Android, C for iOS).
- Describe the security model of the web services and possible vulnerabilities, as well.
- Select the most appropriate API (Application Programming Interface) and the most updated security features for developing applications.
- Implement and integrate secure programming techniques while developing mobile applications.
- Get rid of any kind of insecure data from the memory.
- Design all the applications in a way which is well protected and difficult for reverse engineering.
Details about CompTIA Mobile App Security+ Certification exam:
Two different exam options are there for CompTIA Mobile App Security+ Certification. One for iOS application development and another is for Android application development. In order to become a CompTIA Mobile App Security+ Certified, you have to pass either one of the two exams.
Option – 01: CompTIA Mobile App Security+, Android Edition (Exam Code: ADR – 001)
Followings are the breakdown for CompTIA Mobile App Security+ (Android Edition):
|Topics||Percentage of exam|
|Software Development Life Cycle, Security of the application, Threat Models||18%|
|Security features, Android Software Development Kit and Application Programming Interface.||20%|
|Security of the network and services of the web.||23%|
|Implementing data security through a proper encryption process.||23%|
|Hardening the application security and making reversers engineering difficult.||5%|
|Secure the coding part of Java programming language||11%|
Option – 02: CompTIA Mobile App Security+, iOS Edition (Exam Code: IOS – 001)
|Topic||Percentage of the Exam|
|Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Ensuring the Security of the application||11%|
|A clear understanding of objective C Coding.||14%|
|Clear understandings about iOS SDK, Security Features and APIs.||21%|
|Ensure uninterrupted web service and secure the key feature of the application.||18%|
|Ensure the security of mobile data through Encryption.||23%|
|Hardening the application.||13%|
- Performance-based multiple-choice questions will be there, in the exam.
- The total duration of the exam is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- A total of 100 questions will be there to be answered.
- The cost of the exam is £367.
- A total mark of the exam is 900 and you have to score at least 730 to pass the exam.
Prerequisite and recommendation:
- CompTIA Mobile App Security+, Android Edition (Exam Code: ADR – 001):
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience as Java Application development, Android SDK
- CompTIA Mobile App Security+, iOS Edition (Exam Code: IOS – 001):
- A minimum of 2 or more years of working experience as an Objective C Programmer and Developer, SQL programming language, iOS Software Development Kit and so on.
Training on CompTIA Mobile App Security+ Certification:
Reputed colleges and universities are offering boot camps, certification programs, self-paced learning programs and similar other options to get well prepared for CompTIA Mobile App Security+ Certification Exam.
Jobs those are similar to CompTIA Mobile App Security+ certified professionals are looking for:
- DevOps Engineer
- Application Security Analyst
- Mobile Application Developer