An overview of the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner:
The key purpose of a CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP in short) is to secure both Computer System and Computer Network Infrastructure for any organization, regardless of the type and size of the business. These professionals are experts in analyzing and assessing the risk of the existing computer/computer network infrastructure, securing an effective data protection environment and integrating a risk-free operational environment for the business.
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioners are considered as an advanced level of IT professional in the industry. The increasing demand for IT Security professionals in the IT industry, made a high demand for CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner, across the world.
Competencies of CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner:
- Ensure a secure IT environment within the organization.
- Familiar with the concept and use of cryptographic tools and have a clear understanding of where and how to implement those tools.
- Familiar with the concepts and workability of virtualization and shared computing systems.
- Implement necessary measures to keep the data safe and familiar with how to secure the data storage management of a system.
- Implement and integrate a fully secure Computer Infrastructure, Hosts Management and Data Storage facility.
- Be able to secure the end-users and/or end-point hosts by implementing and configuring both the hardware and software-based firewall for the entire computing system of the business.
- Ensure the security of data while accessing data using mobile devices or through any tailor-made application software.
- Have a clear understanding of different security tools and proper knowledge and experience to work with those tools to ensure a secure computer infrastructure for the business.
- Be able to find and figure out the risk, associated with any business strategy and take immediate measures to mitigate those risks.
- Implement appropriate risk management strategies and tools to keep both the Computing and Computer Network of the business safe from any kind of cyber attack.
- Be able to respond promptly in case of any kind of data loss and implement immediate response to initiate the data recovery process.
- Be able to perform a cost-benefit analysis, request of interest and enterprise security.
- Be able to work in collaboration with the head of another department in order to work in synchronization for the betterment of the company.
- Ensure the maximum possible security for the communication medium, such as VOIP and remote access, with the organization.
Details of CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Exam:
- In order to complete this course, you need to pass the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner exam.
- Performance-based multiple-choice questions will be there.
- The total duration of the exam is 1 hour 45 minutes.
- There will be 90 questions in the exam.
- The cost of the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner exam is £319.
Topics, cover through CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner exam, are:
|Topics||Percentage of the exam|
|Enterprise level security||30%|
|Manage and assess the risk||20%|
|Analysis and research on the system||18%|
|Integration of communication, computing and business||16%|
|Implementation of Enterprise level components||16%|
Prerequisite of CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Exam:
- No particular prerequisite is there to appear for the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner exam.
- Experience of working as an IT professional for 10 or more years is considered as an added advantage for CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner exam.
Training and resources for CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner:
Reputed colleges and Universities are offering boot camps and online courses, which are similar to the content of the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner exam syllabus.
Similar jobs which CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioners are looking for:
- IT Auditor
- IT Security Consultant
- Information Security Analyst
- Ethical Hacker
- IT Security Architect
The average salary of a CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner is £63,604.
Certifications which are similar to the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certificate:
- Project Management Professional
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Information Security Manager
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Information Security Auditor
- CompTIA Network+
Careers that are similar to CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner professionals:
- IT Security Specialist
- IT Project Manager
- Network Administrator
- Technology Manager